This guide will show you how to connect AirPods to Chromebook. You’ll also find tips and tricks to help you overcome connectivity problems.
AirPods can be used with Apple devices but they also work with non-Apple devices such as Google’s Chromebook. However, AirPods can be used to connect to Chromebook.
Worse, you may not be able to use your AirPods with Chromebook even if you are familiar with the basics.
Don’t worry! We’ll show you how to connect AirPods with your Chromebook. We also address connectivity issues and what to do when connecting these seemingly incompatible devices. Let’s get started!
How to connect AirPods to Chromebook
It is technically possible to connect AirPods via Bluetooth to your Chromebook if you follow the right steps. But not every Chromebook has Bluetooth. Older Chromebooks did not have these features.
Check your Chromebook’s Bluetooth capability.
Tap the network icon located next to your battery icon in the bottom right corner of your screen to verify. You will see the Bluetooth icon in the menu if your Chromebook supports Bluetooth.
You can connect your Chromebook to your AirPods even if it does not have Bluetooth connectivity by using a Bluetooth connector. The adapter doesn’t need to be installed and will automatically activate once you plug it into.
This is how to pair your AirPods and Chromebook for the very first time.
- After placing both AirPods into their charging cases, open the lid.
Before pairing your Chromebook with AirPods , make sure to charge the case and AirPods .
- Click on the network icon in the lower-right corner of your Chromebook, next to the battery icon, to open the quick settings menu.
- Click on Bluetooth. To enable Bluetooth, toggle the switch if Bluetooth is disabled.
Read More : How to install windows 11 on unsupported PC
- Hold down the setup button in the AirPods case. When the LED light turns white, lift your finger from the button.
- Wait for your AirPods to be listed in the list of unpaired Chromebook devices, then click on it. In a matter of seconds, your AirPods will pair up with your Chromebook. In few seconds, you will receive a popup confirming the successful pairing.
After pairing is complete all audio from your Chromebook will be played through your AirPods. You can also use the volume keys on your laptop to adjust your AirPods’ volume.
You don’t have to repeat the pairing if you already synchronized your AirPods with the Chromebook. You can connect them as follows :
- Make sure the AirPods are nearby with the case open.
2. Click on the network icon in the lower right corner of your Chromebook to open the quick settings menu.
3. Click here Bluetooth .The Chromebook will display a list with paired devices.
4. Choose your AirPods’ name.
5. To pair your AirPods with Chromebook successfully, follow or accept the instructions on-screen.
Although AirPods are the best choice for the needs of people who are part of their native Apple ecosystem However, there is ways to get around issues of compatibility and enjoy their excellent sound quality using your Chromebook. Make sure your Chromebook has Bluetooth capabilities and you’ll be in good shape!
Have you ever tried making the switch from your AirPods to the Chromebook? What were your experiences? Let us know!